[ChainPoint] A Mile High...

ChainPoint Connections chainpoint at forestapps.com
Sat Sep 17 13:24:21 EDT 2011

Hi ChainPoint's

Sitting here writing a mile high! In downtown Denver, Colorado.

Took a couple weeks break from messaging you but things are going strong at Forest Applications Training. I did miss you folk's though...

We had a great week, trying to first stay ahead of hurricane Irene, then training with the Rhode island National Guard during clean up efforts. I am so proud to be part of supporting our National Guard with our chainsaw training. These soldiers are so dedicated to our country and its safety. One of the first tools they use in homeland defense is the chainsaw, attacking storm/disaster efforts. The chainsaw is a most valued tool.

We flew out to Colorado on the 11th to conduct chainsaw workshops for Colorado LTAP in some of the most beautiful areas of the Rocky Mountains. The first near Telluride, CO. at about 10k feet. Colorado Springs was next, then the last workshop was in Longmont, CO. We had a blast with all the attendees... It is a breathtaking place to work in more than one way - beautiful scenery and thin air.

Sunday - Tuesday we are assisting Elvex Safety with a booth and presentation at the National American Public Works Association Congress here in downtown Denver, CO. APWA is expecting a good turnout for this year's congress and we hope to be able to meet many new contacts to carry on future training programs. Its always a pleasure working with the Elvex staff and talking to folks about their great PPE products.

I've been using and promoting Elvex PPE for right at two years now and I can still tell you I am very happy and the training customers who have converted to them are extremely pleased. The Tectra hardhats and attached hearing and face protection are awesome and the Prolar fabric in the leg protection and upper body garments are superior!

During the National Guard training, which was an instructor program, I assigned topics for the participants to instruct during class exercises. One group decided they would like to see how the chaps work and cut them with a saw. I had a pair of Elvex Arbor chaps with the Prolar padding that was donated to the educational cause. The soldier was determined to put them to the test and expected success in cutting through them. It was one of the most eye opening experiences of the training workshop. The Elvex chap stopped the saw effort in two layers of the pad. They were amazed and talked about the importance of getting other soldiers to make sure and wear their chaps when they pick up a saw...  Have you committed to wearing them?   www.Elvex.com

New Location
Many of you have been following our Face Book and Twitter accounts and know we have been trying to purchase a property in Rome, GA. It seems we are getting closer and the closing is planned for Sept 22. This will be the home of Forest Applications as well as Laura and I and we plan to use the property and facilities to hold future instructor training workshops. I will forward more information as things progress in the next couple months.

eBook
If you haven't downloaded a copy of the Forest Applications eBook you can do so by way of the links on our homepage at www.forestapps.com  or going to our eStore or checking the Nook section of Barnes and Noble's website. It's a great time of year to review your chainsaw techniques or pass it along to your associates, friends and family during the gift giving season.

Storm DVD
Several have asked about the Storm video. We have been outlining and organizing thoughts for the Chainsaw Storm DVD and were ready to begin video work but the funding has been moved to the 2012 budget by the producers... it will be coming soon. I'll keep you posted.

2012 Training
We want to thank all our training organizers and sponsors for continuing to keep us very busy with training and workshops. We hope that our training is fulfilling a need and is profitable in both directions. People tell us so anyway... We are booked solid till the end of the year but Laura says she is looking for training opportunities for the first half of 2012. If you or your organization is considering adding new people or refreshing the chainsaw skills of your people, now is the time to get your 2012 plans on the calendar. Contact Laura at ForestApps.com

Have a great week!

Good Sawing,

Tim Ard
timard at forestapps.com