[ChainPoint] Soon No Adjustments...

ChainPoint Connections chainpoint at forestapps.com
Sat Dec 1 09:23:35 CST 2012

Hi ChainPoint's

Check out the article below regarding a recent training event I attended. Soon there will be truly no adjustments to deal with....

Finishing up the second workshop here in MA this Tuesday, then on to Auburn, AL and Gilroy, CA to finish up 2012 before Christmas.

I am going to be planning several dates for Spring workshops in Rome, GA at Berry College. If you think you would like to attend a three day advanced workshop on storm chainsaw work, send me a message and I will make sure you receive more info. Also let me know a month that is best for your schedule.... info at ForestApps.com

Laura is putting together the 2013 training calendar now and it is filling up fast (fortunately). If you are considering having us to your company or organization in 2013 please let her know. It could save you and other clients on travel expense if we can combine travel to your area. Message Laura at ForestApps.com

We know there is a lot chainsaw operations going on across the country with all the storms. Please pass along our website as a reference for a good chainsaw operation safety review. Tim's Tip's is free to read and download off the site and also the ForestApps eBook is available from the site and Barnes and Noble's Nook Books.   www.ForestApps.com

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-complete-guide-to-chain-saw-safety-and-directional-felling-tim-ard/1113676932?ean=9780615319230&itm=1&USRI=tim+ard&

Good Sawing,

Tim Ard
timard at forestapps.com

(O) 770.543.9862

Mail:
PO Box 429
Rome, GA 30162

Shipping:
3361 Martha Berry Hwy
Suite 100, #143
Rome, GA 30165

www.ForestApps.com
Twitter - @ForestApps
ARDTIM - YouTube.com

Very Soon No Adjustments
By Tim Ard, Forest Applications Training, Inc.

Recently I had the opportunity to sit through a very interesting presentation at one of  Stihl’s dealer training activities. Twenty years ago, I would have never imagined that one day a laptop would replace a screwdriver to tune up a chain saw…

To check the run history and current fuel air adjustments, newly released and future two-cycles, will be connected to a laptop to read its electronic brain (so to speak). Simply plug it in and it will tell you several hours of the engine’s running history. Fuel mix, ignition spark, heat history, all can be displayed right on your computer screen. This information allowing the technician to analyze the past running, or failure, and adjust the engine for future performance.

These electronic screwdriver controls will help keep ethanol fuel (some effects) and other run situations from taking down your favorite two-cycle power plant. It will keep a running engine in tune to its peak performance during all your sawing, cutting and trimming tasks.

If you think James Bond stays up with the latest technology -- check out some of the latest available to you at your local chainsaw dealer.

Good Sawing!