[ChainPoint] Updates

ChainPoint Connections chainpoint at forestapps.com
Sun Feb 5 19:14:58 EST 2012

Hi ChainPoint's

A couple updates...

The March 6-8 Workshop at Berry College is filling fast. You don't want to miss the opportunity to participate in this one. The Storm Sawing workshop will be at its best at this first Berry College Site. More information and payment page are uplinked to our home page at www.ForestApps.com            http://www.forestapps.com/e-book/mbcprograms.html

Check out the new Video on the Berry College Collaboration.  Also linked on the website.

This Saturday Amsler's Saw in Brooksville, FL is providing a FREE chainsaw workshop. It begins at 8:00am  and concludes with a free lunch at Amsler's for more information send a message to info at forestapps.com

Check out the new Stihl Laser Attachment... Too Cool!
Stihl 2 in 1 Laser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fTS4NmU4QU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Chainsaw Multi-Tool   www.buytopsaw.com  This tool is a must have for a Chainsaw Guy.... Or Lady!  Great Valentine Gift.

Don't forget a ForestApps eBook for your Chainsaw Sweetheart....!

Good Sawing,

Tim Ard
Forest Applications Training, Inc.

Office - 770.543.9862

Mail:
PO Box 429
Rome, GA.  30162

Shipping:
3361 Martha Berry Hwy
Suite 100, #143
Rome, Ga.  30165

www.ForestApps.com

Twitter - @ForestApps

Storm Sawing

A Beautiful red sky in the morning.  it's beautiful but as its been said for hundreds of years, beware of what the day may bring in weather.

As we speak, or Somewhere today there has been a storm - wind, rain or snow - has caused damage to a community or effected someones life.

How do we prepare?

A chainsaw is a tool often used in storm cleanup, just about every time a storm subsides chainsaws come out to begin work.  Down trees must be cleared to open roads, debris to be remove from structures and landscapes, and then many hours of sawing to remove firewood and chip material.

It maybe a large uprooted tree leaning into another, or across a structure of some design. Or maybe a tree top has broken out, falling into a natural area in the back of your property. It's pinned down smaller trees and created an eyesore that must be removed.

Again, how do we prepare? What are dangers involved in the process?

First is to decide our ability and limitations. Do you call an experienced person or company or attempt to clear the project ourselves?

This all depends on your ability to plan...

Whether involved in logging, Treecare, landscaping or just picking up a chainsaw for your home or property use, FAT and Berry College have an educational opportunity for you.

The Greatest advantage of training is that you can gain experience in a much more timely manner than having to experience it over time from actual events often formed under a situations pressure.

That's what FAT and Berry College's training collaboration is all about.

A way to gain experience, learn the planning processes, establish equipment requirements, practice techniques and be able to choose and develop our skills in a controlled environment.

Felling/falling a tree
Bucking and limbing
Pressures and binds
Spring poles
Chainsaw selection
Maintenance and sharpening
Preparing personally

Weather is unpredictable but with proper planning the outcome of the event is not....

So as this day ends, plan your future for tomorrow... Contact us for more information on FAT chainsaw workshops at Berry College.