[ChainPoint] Sad News

ChainPoint Connections chainpoint at forestapps.com
Fri Mar 23 17:37:42 EDT 2012

Hi ChainPoints,

I just received word of the passing of a great friend to chainsaw operators across this country. Douglas Dent passed away just recently from a stroke. Mr. Dent is responsible for training and assisting in instructor programs to thousands of USFS and HotShot Fire Crews nationwide for many years.

I have never had the privileged of sitting in one of his training programs, but I have met him briefly at a conference and have talked with him by phone a couple of times regarding chainsaw training and issues. He is a legend in chainsaw instruction/operations and will be greatly missed! A most highly regarded expert and to him every student and co-worker was important.

Laura and I wish his family the best and they will be in our prayers through this time.

Good Sawing,

Tim Ard
Forest Applications Training, Inc.

Office - 770.543.9862